Wix Bookings: The Essential Checklist for Professional Bookings Site Owners
4 min read
Wix Bookings is an all-in-one online scheduling software that lets clients book appointments or sign up for classes and courses. The Wix online scheduler provides you with the industry-leading tools you need to manage and grow your business online.
In this article, we'll walk you through the essential steps to taking your bookings online, and then show you how to manage your business efficiently and grow your online presence.
Setting up your business
While there are loads of special, optional features in Wix Bookings, we've listed the essential steps you need to complete before you can launch and start getting booked.
The essential checklist:
- Choose a template: Start with a stunning Wix template.
- Create your services: Choose which of our 3 types of services are right for you.
- Add staff members: Have people working for you? Add them to your team.
- Set availability: If you provide appointment services, their availability is based primarily on your default work hours and the hours of staff members who provide the service.
- Customize how Wix Bookings is displayed on your site:
- Set how you collect payment:
- Add your business details: Set up your business address, currency, time zone etc.
- Upgrade your site & connect a domain: Upgrade so clients can start booking services.
- Publish your site: Ready to go live? Click "Publish" and share your site with the world.
You might also want to:
- Sync calendars:
- Create booking rules & policies: Set limits on when clients can book or cancel.
- Customize your bookings form: Clients fill out a form while booking.
- Edit the form fields to collect the info you need.
- Personalize your automated emails: Edit the email text to match your brand's style.
Managing your business
Now that your business is up and running, it's time to manage the bookings you have coming in.
- Manage clients via the Wix Owner app: Manage your business anytime - anywhere.
- Manage clients on desktop:
- Send clients automated reminders:
Growing your business
Once your business is running smoothly, it's time to let the world know about it. Wix offers lots of ways to get the word out and keep clients engaged. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Market your business:
- Create a community:
- Use Wix Chat to increase business:
- Improve your site's SEO: Take action so potential clients can find you on Google:
- Analytics: Get business data to help optimize your business.
- To configure the SEO settings of the new version of the Service Page, click Edit SEO Settings in the Marketing & SEO panel. This is a feature of the new Service Page and is not yet available to all users.
You can learn more about configuring the SEO settings here.
- To access a suite of tools made specially for promoting your services and attracting clients, click Promote your service in the Marketing & SEO Panel.
You can learn more about promoting your service here.
Did this help?