Wix Bookings: Creating and Setting up Your Booking Forms
5 min read
Clients fill out the Booking Form when they sign up for your services. You can adjust your default form, or create custom forms for each service to suit your business needs.
For example, if you offer dog grooming, you might want to ask clients to enter the dog's name and vaccination status. If these questions are not relevant for a particular service (e.g. a lecture on dog care), then you can create a custom booking form for that service without those questions.
We are in the process of releasing a new Booking Form but it's not available to everyone yet. If yours does not look like the one pictured below, click here. Learn more about updating to the latest versions of the Booking Pages.
Step 1 | Set up your default Booking Form
The default booking form appears for all services, unless you create a custom booking form for a specific service. You can choose which information is mandatory.
You can also enable SMS reminders to add checkbox at the bottom of the form. Clients can opt in to receive SMS messages 24 hours before their session.
To set up your default Booking form:
- Go to Booking Form in your site's dashboard.
- Give your default Booking Form a title.
- (Optional) Add a subtitle with more details or instructions for filling out the form, if required.
- Choose how you want clients to enter their name on the form:
- Click to split the name fields into first and last name.
- Click to combine first and last name in the one field.
- Click any of the remaining fields on the form to edit their text label.
- Select the Make this a required field checkbox to make specific details mandatory before booking.
- (Optional) Click + Add custom field if you require any additional information from clients before they can book your services.
- Click Save Form.
Step 2 | Create a custom form for a specific service
If it's not appropriate to apply the default booking form to all your services, you can create a custom booking form for individual services.
To setup a custom form for a service:
- Go to Bookings Form in your site's dashboard.
- Create a new service or edit an existing one.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click next to Additional Settings.
- Click Custom booking form.
- Give the custom form a title.
- Add or remove the relevant fields for the service.
- Click Save Form.
Step 3 | Customize the design of your forms
You can customize the layout, display design and text of your booking forms to suit your site and your brand. Keeping the design and layout as clear as possible provides a better experience for clients as they make bookings.
To customize the design of your forms:
- Click Pages on the left side of the Editor.
- Click Bookings Pages.
- Click Booking Form.
- Select the form in the Editor.
- Click Settings.
- Choose what you want to customize:
Did this help?