Wix Bookings: Creating a Course
Courses are a great way to offer services with multiple sessions that start and end on specific dates. You can use courses to create:
- Multi-session meetings: Clients sign up and pay for an entire course, for example, a five-week pottery course that meets once a week from March 1st to March 29th.
- One-time group services: For example, a Saturday meditation workshop held only once. Click here to learn more about creating one-time services.
Step 1 | Create the course
Start by creating your service with an appropriate title, e.g. Beginner Spanish course. Add a description and images so clients know what they can expect from the course before signing up.
Later, in step 2, you can decide when the course takes place, which of your staff teaches the course, how long the sessions last, and more.
While you can manage courses in the Wix Owner app, you can only create them on desktop.
To create the course:
- Go to Booking Services in your site's dashboard.
- Click + Add a New Service in the top right.
- Choose what you want to do:
- Pick a template: Click Edit below the relevant course template.
- Use a blank template: Click + Start from Scratch.
- Enter the information about the course:
Show me how
Before saving your course, check its preview under Summary to make sure the details are correct. This is what your clients see before they book.
Step 2 | Set the price and payment options for the course
Once you add the basic information about your course, choose how clients pay for it. You can let them pay the entire amount online, in person, or have both options available. You can also add a deposit for clients to pay in advance on your site.
To set the price and payment options for your course:
- Scroll down to the Price & Payment section.
- Select a pricing option from the Course Price drop-down.
- Depending on the chosen pricing options, follow the steps below to set it up:
Step 3 | Schedule when you offer the course
Once you decide on your pricing and payment options, set when the sessions take place and add more specific details, including:
- Who teaches the course
- What day(s) and time(s) you offer the course sessions
- How long each course session lasts
- The start and end dates
The instructions below show you how to set your schedule in the service creation form. It is also possible to use the bookings calendar to set course times.
To schedule when you offer the course:
- Click Add Sessions under Schedule in the service creation form.
- Choose the staff member in charge of the course.
- Choose the start date and time of the first session
- Select how long each session lasts from the Duration drop-down, or scroll down and click Custom to select a custom duration.
- Select how frequently the meetings take place from the Repeat drop-down.
- (Optional) Click to select any additional days on which you offer the service.
- Click the calendar next to Until to select when the course ends.
- (Optional) Click Save & Add New to add more sessions in the course that take place outside of the days and times you added in the previous step.
- Click Save.
You can edit a course session at any time. For example, to change who is teaching the Wednesday 8:00 AM sessions, click the session in the Bookings calendar and make your changes. You can edit a single session or all future Wed. 8:00 AM sessions.
How do clients see this on my site?
When clients go to view the course, they can see all the relevant information on the Service Page.
Step 4 | Add images to showcase your course
Add a cover image and an image gallery to show clients what your course is all about. The cover image appears at the top of the service page, and the gallery appears next to the information about your course.
To add images to your course:
- Click the Expand icon next to Images.
- Add images to your course:
- Cover image:
- Click Add cover image.
- (In the Media Manager) Select the relevant image.
- Service gallery:
- Click the Add icon under Service gallery.
- (In the Media Manager) Select up to 10 images to showcase your service.
- Cover image:
Step 5 | Customize your additional settings
After setting up your course, check the Additional Settings section at the bottom. You can add your own booking form, choose whether or not clients can book this course online, and decide if they can book after the course has already started.
To customize your additional settings:
- Click the Expand icon next to Additional Settings.
- Enable the Online Booking Preferences toggle to adjust the additional settings.
- Customize any of the following settings:
- Allow clients to book online: Disable this toggle to make the course view-only.
- Booking After Start Date: Enable the toggle to allow clients to book after the course has already started.
- Group Booking Preferences: Enter the number of bookings allowed per participant.
- Custom Booking Form: Select the checkbox to create your own form for booking this course.
- Click Save & Continue to save changes to the course before you create the custom booking form.
- Click Save.
Want to learn more?
Check out the full course in Wix Learn about adding classes and courses to your site to build your business.
How can I hide the service from my site?
How can I display the course in a specific service category on my site?
How do I update the SEO settings for my new course?
How do I promote my new course?
How can I prevent clients from booking when a course is full?
Did this help?