Wix Bookings: Creating an Appointment
10 min read
Appointments are perfect for clients who want to meet you privately (1-on-1), in flexible hours that suit their availability. Offering appointments is also a great way to help fill out your quieter business hours.
For example, if you're available to take appointments from 10 AM to 7 PM, clients can book any slot that isn't already taken.
Wix Bookings offers three different types of services - classes, courses and appointments. Make sure you choose the right type of service for your business.
Step 1 | Create an appointment
To get started, create a new appointment from the Booking Services tab in your site's dashboard.
To create an appointment:
- Go to Booking Services in your site's dashboard.
- Click + Add a New Service in the top right.
- Choose what you want to do:
- Click Edit to choose the relevant Appointment template based on your business type.
- Click + Start from Scratch to use a blank template.
Step 2 | Add the appointment details
Now you can start adding information about what clients can expect from the appointment. Make sure to include an image and a detailed description to inform your clients.
To add the appointment details:
- Click the Expand icon next to Service Details.
- Add the important information about your appointment:
- Name: Give the appointment a clear and catchy name to attract more clients.
- Location: Display where you offer the appointment, for example, at your business location, the client’s place or somewhere else.
- Video conferencing: Enable the Video conferencing toggle to offer the service online, where relevant.
- Duration: Click the drop-down to set how long your appointment lasts.
- Buffer time: Click the drop-down to add time between appointments for clean up, prep or travel time that's required.
- Enter any additional information about your appointment:
- Add an image: Click the Add icon and upload an image that showcases the service on offer.
- Tagline: Here you can summarize the benefits of booking an appointment (e.g. more flexible choice of times). The subtitle appears under the service name on your service list and service page.
- Description: Offer more details about the services and what additional benefits potential clients can expect.
Before saving your appointment, check its preview under Overview to make sure the details are correct. This is what your clients see before they book.
Step 3 | Set your pricing & payment details
After describing your appointment, make your pricing clear and easy to understand for your clients. Choose from a fixed Price, a custom price or offer the service for free.
To set your price & payment details:
- Scroll down to the Price & Payment section.
- Choose from the following options in the Price type drop-down:
(Optional) Step 4 | Add the appointment to a new or existing Pricing Plan
Offer clients a discount by including the appointment as part of a package or membership.
To add the appointment to a new or existing Pricing Plan:
- Scroll down to Offer memberships & packages under Price & Payment.
- Choose what you want to do:
Create new Package
Create new Membership
Connect an Existing plan
Step 5 | Set the appointment availability
Your staff can offer appointments in their free time between classes and courses. Your appointment hours depend on staff availability during their working hours.
To set the appointment availability:
- Click the Expand icon next to Availability.
- Click the checkbox next to all staff members who provide the appointment. This sets the appointment availability.
- (Optional) Click the Add new staff memberto create a new staff member.
Tip: Remember to set the new staff member's hours later.
- Click Show Service Availability to confirm the appointment availability.
Note: Appointment availability depends on the staff members' hours, as well as other factors. Click here to learn more about what affects appointment availability.
Step 6 | Add images to your appointment
Encourage clients to book an appointment by sharing high resolution images showcasing what they can expect.
To add images to your appointment:
- Click the Expand icon next to Images.
- Add images to your appointment by doing the following:
- Add Cover image: Select an image for the background of your service's header.
- Add Service gallery: Add more high quality images to a gallery for your service page. You can customize the gallery's layout and design in the Editor.
- (Optional) Click + Add alt text that describes your images to improve your site's SEO and accessibility.
Step 7 | Additional appointment settings
In the additional settings section, you can further customize the online booking preferences and the booking form for your appointment.
Make the appointment view-only if you want clients contact you for a consultation before booking. Require approval before booking for your most in-demand appointments. Create a custom booking form for the service if you need extra information from clients.
To manage your additional settings:
- Click the Expand icon next to Additional Settings.
- Click below to learn how to add more settings to your appointment:
Create view-only appointments
Require approval before a booking is confirmed
Create a custom booking form for this appointment