Email Marketing: Creating and Sending a Campaign from Start to Finish
Creating a professional email marketing campaign is easy with Wix. Choose a template or start from scratch and customize your campaign. Preview and test your campaign if you'd like, choose who to send it to, then publish and send. Your campaign is then reviewed for compliance and sent to your subscribers.
Step 1 | Choose a template or start from scratch
Get started with your email marketing campaign by choosing from a wide range of templates or start with a blank canvas.
To get started:
- Go to Email Marketing in your site's dashboard.
- Choose what you want to do:
- Use a template: Select the template you want to use.
- Start from scratch: Click Start Email from Scratch or click More Templates, then click Start from Scratch.
Step 2 | Customize your email campaign
Use your email campaign editor to design a visually appealing and engaging newsletter that will stand out in your subscribers' inboxes. Add elements from the panel on the left and select elements in your campaign to edit them. You can also choose a theme for the color and text, customize the background and more.
Choose what you want to do:
Change the theme
Customize the background
Change the text direction
(Optional) Step 3 | Preview and send a test email
We recommend previewing what your emails will look like before your send them. You can check their appearance, both on desktop and mobile, and go back to make adjustments if necessary. Send yourself a test email to see for yourself how the campaign will look and function.
Previewing and testing your email campaign does not reduce your campaign quota.
To preview and test your campaign:
- Click Preview & Test at the top right.
- Choose what you want to do:
- Click the Mobile icon to see how your email campaign looks on mobile devices.
- Click the Desktop icon to see how your email campaign looks on a desktop computer.
- Click Back to Editing to return to the email campaign editor.
- Send a test email:
- Click Sent Test Email at the top.
- Enter the email address that the test email should be sent to (your own).
- (Optional) Edit the Reply-to Email, From Name and Subject fields.
- Click Send.
- Click Done.
- Click Back to Editing at the top right to return to the campaign editor.
Step 4 | Choose who to send your campaign to
Next, add the recipients you want to send your emails to. You can select contacts individually or choose labels and segments that add groups of contacts at once. If you have a list of subscribers you need to add that are not yet in your contacts, you can import them from Google or a CSV file.
Make sure to follow the Wix Email Marketing best practices when choosing your recipients.
To add recipients:
- From your campaign editor, click Next at the top right.
- (Optional) Import contacts from a CSV file or your Gmail account. Click Import Contacts then choose an option. Learn more about importing contacts.
- Click the To: field.
- Enter the name, email address, label, or segment of the contact(s) you want to add and select them from the list. Repeat this process to add more contacts.
Tip: Alternatively, you can click the checkbox next to the relevant labels, segments, or contacts to add recipients.
You can click the Only show active contacts toggle to disable it and show inactive contacts in the list. We do not recommend sending campaigns to inactive contacts as this can increase your bounce rate, cause emails to be marked as spam, and decrease your email deliverability.
- Click Next at the top right.
Step 5 | Publish and send your campaign
Create a subject line and enter the name your emails will show as sent from. Then send your campaign as soon as possible or schedule it to be automatically sent at a future date and time.
To publish and send your campaign:
- From the Publish & Send page, edit the final sending details:
- Subject line: Enter the subject line of the emails. You can add dynamic text that automatically adjusts to your contacts' details or your site's URL by clicking + Add Dynamic Value and choosing an option.
- From name: Enter the name the emails will show as sent from. This may be your business or personal name.
- Reply-to email: Enter the email address that recipients can reply to when they receive the emails. If you have not yet confirmed your email address, click Confirm Now.
- Choose how you want to send your campaign:
Schedule your campaign to be sent later
Send your campaign as soon as possible
Learn how to analyze the results in your email campaign statistics.
Did this help?