Content Manager: Managing Your Collections
Manage the content in your collections by adding, deleting, duplicating, importing/exporting and more. Manage the fields (columns) and items (rows) in any collection. Change or filter your view of the collection to best suit your needs.
With the optional Sandbox mode enabled, you can check out your Sandbox or Live collection or sync Sandbox to Live. You can learn more about the optional Sandbox here.
- Before deleting content, you might want to read about what can happen when you delete items in a collection.
- For a deeper understanding of how collection permissions play a part in the security of your site, read this overview.
To manage your content collection:
- Go to the Content Manager in your Editor:
- Wix Editor: Click Content Manager on the left side of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click Content Manager at the top of Editor X.
- Click Collections.
- Click the collection you want to access.
- Click + Add Item to add a new item. Enter an Item Name, and your content, and click Save.
- Click to add a new field. Then enter a Field Name, choose a Field Type, and click Save.
- Manage your content using the following:
Field menu (Columns)
Item menu (Rows)
You receive an alert if you attempt to enter the wrong type of content into a field. For example, if the field type is URL, the content you enter should be formatted as a URL.
In some cases, you cannot enter the wrong kind of information. For example, you cannot enter text in a Number field. Learn more about working with the Content Manager and collections.
Want to learn more?
Check out the full course in Wix Learn on getting started with the Content Manager. Check out the fourth video about how to add and remove dynamic content.
Did this help?