CMS (Formerly Content Manager): Adding a Field to a Collection
4 min read
Add more fields to your CMS collection to store additional information about the collection items. Choose from a wide range of field types, then give the field a name and a helpful tooltip that appears only in your collection.
Adding new fields to your CMS collection
When adding a new field to your collection, choose the field that best fits the type of content you want to store (e.g. text, image, date, address). Learn more about the various types of content you can store in each field type.
To add a field to your CMS collection:
- Go to CMS in your site's dashboard.
- Click the relevant collection.
- Click Manage Fields.
- Click + Add Field.
- Click the Field Type drop-down to set the field type.
- Enter the Field Name.
- (Optional) Update the Field Key, which is used in the site's code. You cannot update this field later.
- (Optional) Enter help text to include a tooltip in your collection next to the field name.
- (Text and Address field types only) Click the Personally Identifiable Information toggle to encrypt sensitive information like social security and passport numbers.
- Click Save.
Click below to answers to our most frequently asked questions about adding fields.
What content can I store in each field type?
Can I make mandatory 'required' fields?
Can I add default values that automatically populate when new items are added?
Did this help?