Pricing Plans: Creating a Recurring Payment Plan
The Pricing Plans app offers several different types of plan and package. These include: Recurring payment plans, free plans, and one-time payment plans.
Recurring payment plans are a useful way to encourage new clients to explore more of your services. They also secure stable revenue for your business.
Before you begin:
- Make sure to add the Pricing Plans app to your site.
- To sell plans on your site, you must connect a payment provider. Wix offers a variety of providers for you to choose from.
- You can have up to 75 active pricing plans at the same time.
- Once you create a Pricing Plan, it is not currently possible to delete it. You can vote for this feature here. You can, however, hide or archive your plans as necessary to create new plans.
Step 1 | Create the pricing plan
Recurring plans are a great way to generate regular revenue from committed clients. Connect premium services or content to your plans as a way to reward returning clients.
To create a pricing plan:
- Go to Pricing Plans in your site's dashboard.
- Click + Create Plan.
- In the Plan info section, enter the Plan name.
- (Optional) Enter a tagline in the Description field.
- Add benefits under List what's included in this plan.
Note: What you enter here is what your clients see. It does not connect services or content to the plan (see the next step).
Step 2 | Connect benefits to your plan
Once you have created your plan and listed the benefits included, you can connect services and content to the plan.
The benefits available to connect vary according to the content and services you have on your site. For example, if you have Wix Blog or Forum, you see the option to connect to them. If you have no relevant content or services, the Other Benefits section won't appear at all.
To connect benefits to your plan:
- Scroll down to Other benefits.
- Select the checkbox next the services or content types you want to include.
- Add the relevant details (e.g. the specific services that are included).
You can connect site pages only after you finish creating your pricing plan.
Step 3 | Set the price and duration of your plan
Set how you want to charge for each period of your plan and how long it should last. Recurring payments offer more flexible terms to clients without a large, up-front commitment.
You can also set custom recurring cycles to offer even more value to your customers. For example, you can create a plan with a payment period of 6 weeks or 3 months.
To accept recurring payments, you need to set up a payment provider that supports recurring payments.
To set the price and duration of your plan:
- Select Recurring Payments in the Pricing options section.
- Select how often payments are made from the Payment Frequency drop-down.
- Enter the price for each recurring period.
- Select the duration from the Length of Plan drop-down or enter a custom duration.
- (Optional) Click the Enable a free trial toggle to add a free trial to the plan and set its length.
Step 4 | Adjust your plan's advanced settings
After entering your plan's details, pricing and benefits, adjust its settings. Make your plan more flexible by letting clients choose their start date or cancel the plan if needed. Create a policy to explain how your plan works and how your clients can get the most value from it.
You can also add custom form fields to collect more info during checkout, and a Thank You page to personalize the experience.
To adjust your plan's advanced settings:
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Choose how you want to adjust your plan's settings:
Limit to a single purchase
Allow plan cancellation
Let clients choose their start date
Add a policy
Add custom form fields for clients to fill
Customize the Thank You message
3. Click Save at the top to finish creating your plan.
(Optional) Step 5 | Enable guest checkout
You can allow visitors to your site to buy your pricing plans without signing up or logging in. This is useful if your plans include offline benefits, or if clients don't want to register as a site member. It's also a great way to attract new clients who aren't sure they want to commit right away. Learn more about allowing guest checkout on your site.
To enable guest checkout:
- Go to Settings in your site's dashboard.
- Click Pricing Plans Settings.
- Enable the Guest Checkout toggle at the bottom to let people buy a plan without signing up or logging in to your website.
- Click Save.
Why not create a coupon to promote your new plan? Click the More Actions icon next to your new plan in Pricing Plans in the dashboard. Some of the information is already filled out and you can follow these steps to finish creating your coupon.
Did this help?