Pricing Plans: Creating a Free Plan
7 min read
Let customers try your services before committing to a full membership plan or package by creating a free promotional plan that customers can book only once.
- Clients who try to purchase the plan a second time receive a notice that the plan can only be purchased once.
- Alternatively, you can offer a free trial period at the start of a pricing plan.
In this article, learn more about:
Creating a free plan
Free plans are a great way for potential clients to get to know you and your business. You can choose whether you want to offer the plan for free or for a reduced price.
You can create a free plan from your site's dashboard, the Wix Owner app, or the Studio app.
- Go to Pricing Plans in your site's dashboard.
- Click + Create Plan at the top right.
- Enter your plan's details in the Plan Info section:
- Enter the plan name.
- Add a cover image to showcase on your plan.
- (Optional) Enter a tagline with a brief description of the plan.
- Add perks under Tell customers what the main features are (e.g. First month free):
Note: What you enter here is what your clients see. It does not connect services or content to the plan (see the next step).
- Scroll down to Benefits and select the checkbox next the services or content types you want to include.
- Add the relevant details (e.g. the specific services that are included).
- Select Free under Pricing options.
- Choose the duration from the Length of Plan drop-down:
- Monthly: Select each one individually.
- Until canceled: Clients choose when they want to cancel.
- Custom: Choose the duration of the plan from the Choose period drop-down (weeks, months, years) and enter the relevant number.
- Scroll down to Settings and choose how you want to adjust your free plan's settings:
Limit to 1 subscription per customer
Allow plan cancellation
Add a policy
Add custom form fields for clients to fill
Customize a Thank You page
7. Click Save at the top to finish creating your plan.
- When clients subscribe to the free plan, they have instant access to its perks and benefits.
- During setup, the Let people choose their start date toggle is disabled since the plan is active immediately and does not require a payment.
Enabling guest checkout
You can allow visitors to your site to join your free plan without signing up or logging in. This is a great way to attract new clients who aren't sure they want to commit right away.
To enable guest checkout:
- Go to Settings in your site's dashboard.
- Click Pricing Plans Settings.
- Click the Checkout tab at the top.
- Enable the Guest Checkout toggle to let people buy a plan without signing up to your website.
- Click Save.
Did this help?