Wix Editor: Unpublishing Your Site
3 min read
Unpublish your site if you no longer want it to be accessible to the public. You may wish to unpublish your site if you're taking it down for maintenance, redesign, or you simply no longer need it.
After unpublishing, you'll still have access to your site's Editor and you can publish it again at any time.
In this article, learn more about:
Unpublishing your site
You can unpublish your site (either permanently or temporarily) from the Editor, or your site's dashboard.
- Open your site in the Wix Editor.
- Select Site in the top toolbar.
- Click Unpublish Site.
- Select Unpublish in the dashboard window.
- Click Unpublish in the pop-up to confirm.
Republishing your site
Republish your site to make it accessible to visitors again.
To republish your site:
- Go to your site's Editor.
- Click Publish at the top right.
- (Optional) Click View Site to be taken to your live site.
- Click Done to return to the Editor.
If your site was unpublished for more than a few days, your SEO ranking may be affected.
Can I hide my site without unpublishing it?
Can I unpublish my site using a mobile device?
If I unpublish my site, what happens to my Premium services?
Can I switch my site's template?
Did this help?