Wix Editor: Unpublishing Your Site
Unpublish your site if you no longer want it to be accessible to the public. You may wish to unpublish your site if you're taking it down for maintenance, redesign, or you simply no longer need it. After unpublishing, you'll still have access to your site's Editor and you can publish it again at any time.
Unpublishing your site does not cancel your domain or Premium plan. Learn how to cancel your domain or Premium plan.
In this article:
Unpublishing your site
You can unpublish your site (either permanently or temporarily) from Settings in your site's dashboard.
To unpublish your site:
- Go to Settings in your site's dashboard.
- Click Website settings.
- Click Unpublish at the top of the page.
- Click Unpublish in the pop-up to confirm.
Republishing your site
Republish your site to make it accessible to visitors again.
To republish your site:
- Go to your site's Editor.
- Click Publish at the top right.
- (Optional) Click View Site to be taken to your live site.
- Click Done to return to the Editor.
If your site was unpublished for more than a few days, your SEO ranking may be affected.
Can I hide my site without unpublishing it?
If I unpublish my site, what happens to my Premium services?
Can I switch my site's template?
Did this help?