Wix Editor: Preventing Search Engines from Indexing Your Page
By default, search engines like Google crawl and index every page on your live Wix site. If you don't want a specific page to appear in search results, you can prevent search engines from indexing it in your Editor.
Preventing search engines from indexing your entire site disables the options to prevent indexing groups of pages or individual pages. It also disables the option to prevent search engines from indexing those pages individually.
- Password protected pages and private member pages don't show in search results, as they are not crawled and indexed. However, you'll need to manually prevent search engines from indexing public member pages such as Followers and Profile.
- Pages that search engines are prevented from indexing may not appear in your sitemap.
To prevent search engines from indexing a page:
- Click Pages on the left side of the Editor.
- Click the More Actions icon next to the relevant page.
- Click SEO Basics.
- Disable the Let search engines index this page toggle.
Want to let search engines index your page again?
Enable the Let search engines index this page toggle to make the page visible to search engines again.
Did this help?