Wix Bookings: Creating Recurring Appointments
Schedule multiple recurring appointments for your clients using the Booking Calendar. Set how often the appointment sessions repeat and then choose how you want clients to pay.
All the recurring appointment sessions form a single order. Charge clients for the entire series of appointments in a single payment with an invoice or a card. Or you can also charge for each session separately using the "collect payment" button on each session in the Booking Calendar.
Step 1 | Create the appointment
Start by creating the first of the recurring appointments in the Booking Calendar. Make sure to discuss the details of the recurring appointments with your client before you begin. Clients can update their appointments from their Member's Area when needed.
To create the first recurring appointment:
- Go to Booking Calendar in your site's dashboard.
- Click the relevant time and date slot in the calendar.
- Click Appointment.
Step 2 | Add the appointment details
Now choose the relevant service type, location and staff member for the recurring appointment. If your appointment service offers different price options, you can also choose the relevant price type.
To add the appointment details:
- Choose the relevant Service from the drop-down.
- Select the relevant Price option for the appointment from the drop-down, if applicable.
Note: The drop-down displays the price type you add when creating the appointment service. For example, in the image below, the price options are based on the type of massage.
- Select the relevant Location from the drop-down.
- Select the Staff member in charge of the service from the drop-down.
Step 3 | Set how often the appointment recurs
Once you add the appointment details, you then set when the first of the recurring appointments takes place. You then choose how often it repeats. You can reschedule individual recurring appointments in the calendar at any time.
To set how often the appointment recurs:
- Enter the start date and time for the first appointment from the Date & Time fields.
- (Optional) Select the Session is longer than 24 hours checkbox for multi-day or late-night appointments. Then enter the end date and time in the second pair of fields.
- Select how often the appointment recurs from the Repeats drop-down.
- Select how many times the appointment repeats from the second drop-down that appears.
Note: You can schedule a maximum number of 6 recurring appointments at a time.
Step 4 | Add the client details and choose the payment method
Once you schedule the initial appointment and add how often it repeats, it's time to add the client and your payment preferences.
With the collect payment option, it's also possible to charge a custom amount, multiple times. This means you can charge for just one or some of the sessions. If you or your client prefer, you can also redeem each session from the client's pricing plan after each session.
The payment method you choose applies to all of the recurring appointment sessions and cannot be changed later. You can delete the recurring appointments manually and recreate them with the correct payment method.
To add the client and payment details:
- Enter the relevant contact name in the Client field or manually create a contact profile for a new client.
- (Optional) Enter the client's phone number. This is useful if you need to reschedule any of the future recurring appointments at the last-minute.
- Choose the relevant option from the Payment drop-down:
- Charge with invoice: Email an invoice to the client to allow them to pay the full order amount online.
- Collect payment later: Charge per session in person or with a card, and update the payment status using the Booking Calendar or the Orders tab.
Note: Make sure you connect a payment provider that supports card payments, for example, Wix Payments.
- Use client's plan later: Redeem these sessions from a client's plan using the Booking Calendar.
- (Optional) Select Notify client with an email to send the client an email for every appointment and an email for the entire order. For example, if you create a total of 4 recurring appointments in one order, your client receives 5 emails.
- Click Continue.
Step 5 | Review your recurring appointment
Once you have added the appointment, client and payment details, it's time to review and confirm the order. You can remove individual sessions in the Schedule Summary or go back to make changes to any of the order details.
To review the recurring appointment:
- Check the details in the Schedule Summary.
- Click the Remove icon next to any unwanted sessions.
- Click Go Back to make any changes to the recurring appointment, or to add more sessions.
- Click Schedule when you are ready to schedule the recurring appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click a question below to learn more about creating recurring appointments.
Can clients cancel or reschedule recurring appointments?
Can I send an invoice per session?
Can I make bulk updates to recurring appointments?
What can I do if there are scheduling conflicts with future appointments?
Did this help?