Repurchasing a Canceled Domain (Due to the Auto Renewal Being Turned Off)
2 min read
Turning off the auto renewal for a Wix domain allows it to expire at the end of the subscription period. Once your domain expires, you have a 30 day Grace Period in which you can extend your subscription, should you wish to do so.
To extend your domain subscription:
- Go to Premium Subscriptions in your Wix account.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant domain.
- Click Extend Registration.
- Select the number of years you want to add and click Continue.
- Review or edit your domain contact info and click Continue.
- Select a privacy option and click Continue.
- Enter your payment details and click Submit Purchase.
What happens if I don't extend on time?
If you do not extend your domain during the Grace Period, your domain enters the Redemption Period. Although it is possible to retrieve your domain during this period, Wix cannot guarantee it. Therefore we recommend that you repurchase the domain before this time. Learn more about the Redemption Period and other domain life cycle periods.