Using Wix Analytics Alerts
4 min read
Wix Analytics Alerts help you to track your site data and business activity. There are two types of alerts:
- Alerts by Wix: Your preset alerts send you an automated email if there are significant increases or decreases in your daily or weekly Site Sessions and Total Sales.
- Custom Alerts: You can create custom alerts to focus on the data you want to monitor.
How to access your Wix Analytics Alerts
Preset Alerts by Wix
Wix Analytics collects your statistical data over initial periods of 3 months for daily alerts, and 1 year for weekly alerts. This helps to build an algorithm which distinguishes between real statistical fluctuations, random fluctuations, and seasonal behaviour.
After the initial periods, your statistical data continues to be collected and is compared to previous data to detect significant changes. For example, an unexpected surge in Total Sales on a particular day (unrelated to seasonal events), would be considered a significant change and would result in an alert email being sent.
Analytics Alert emails will only be triggered after your site has generated enough data to run the algorithm.
Creating Custom Alerts
You can create new alerts to receive notifications about changes in your data. Examples:
- An alert to notify you if you had less than 500 blog Post Views in a day.
- An alert to notify you if you had more than $1000 in Total Sales in a day.
To create a new alert:
- Click + New Alert.
- Set up your alert:
- Click the Select a stat drop-down and choose from a list of measures grouped by Traffic, Sales, Blog, and People data.
- In Check every, the frequency for the alert is preset to check every Day.
- Note: Weekly and monthly options are coming soon.
- Click the If there is drop-down and choose More than or Less than.
- Click the Number drop-down and enter the threshold. For example: Set the alert to notify you if your Total Orders increase by 100 or more.
- Click Save.
You can activate and deactivate your Analytics Alerts to suit your needs. Your preset alert emails are set to Active by default.
To deactivate an analytics alert:
- Go to the Analytics page in your site's dashboard.
- Click Alerts.
- Click the toggle next to the alert you want to deactivate.
Editing Custom Alerts
- Click the Show more icon next to the custom alert you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Update the conditions that trigger the alert.
- Click Save.
Deleting Custom Alerts
- Click the Show more icon next to the custom alert you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Delete Alert.