Live Site Error: Error 404 (Not Found)
If you receive an "error 404 not found" message when attempting to go to your live site, it means the page doesn't exist on the server at the URL you've entered. This error message is an HTTP standard response code that most commonly occurs when clicking an outdated link that leads to a URL where a page used to exist.
To resolve a 404 error message, try the following:
- Reload the page by pressing Ctrl + F5 (or Cmd + R on a Mac).
- Check that the URL you are trying to access is correct, then re-enter it in your address bar and press Enter.
- If you're trying to access a page other than your homepage, go to the homepage URL (e.g., www.mystunningwebsite.com), then access the page via a different link.
- Use another supported browser. If the error only occurs in one browser, clear your browser's cache.
If you received a 404 error for a dynamic page, to resolve the error sync your collections.
Common reasons for receiving a 404 error include:
- You haven't published your site yet. Click here to learn how.
- You've entered the wrong domain name into your browser's address bar.
- Your domain purchased outside of Wix isn't properly connected. Click here to troubleshoot.
- You've clicked a link from search engine results that has been cached from a previously connected site. Learn more about old URLs appearing in search results.
- Your page no longer exists (it was either deleted or the page URL was changed). If you changed your page URL after updating your site URLs, click here to learn how to resolve.
Did this help?