Wix Stores: Creating a Coupon With a Minimum Order Amount
2 min read
Create a coupon for your store which can be used when a customer's subtotal exceeds a certain amount. For example, if you set the minimum subtotal to $10, your customer can use the coupon when spending $10 or more.
- This option is available for $ discount coupons, % discount coupons and free shipping coupons.
- Make sure the promo code field is visible on the cart page so customers can redeem coupons. Learn more
- Coupon codes are not case sensitive.
- When a coupon is used to purchase a product subscription, it is applied each payment cycle. For example, when a customer buys a 12-month subscription for $100/month with a 10% off coupon, the customer pays $90 each month for a year.
- When a coupon is applied to an order purchased with the Manual payment method, the number of available coupons updates when the the order is marked as paid.
To create a coupon with a minimum order amount:
- Go to the Coupons tab in your site's dashboard.
- Click +New Coupon.
- Select a coupon type:
- $ Discount
- % Discount
- Free Shipping
- Enter the coupon code in the Coupon Code field.
Note: This is the code customers must enter during checkout to get the discount.
- Enter the name of the coupon in the Coupon Name field.
Note: This name appears in the Coupons tab and on the cart page.
- Enter the coupon details (varies according to which coupon type you selected in step 3. There are no coupon details for free shipping coupons).
- Click the Apply to drop-down menu and select Minimum order subtotal.
- Enter the minimum amount in the Minimum subtotal field.
- Set the validity of the coupon in the Valid between field:
- Enter the start date of the coupon.
- Enter the end date of the coupon, or select the Don't set an end date checkbox.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox next to any limit on coupon use:
- Limit the total number of uses for this coupon: Enter the number of times the coupon can be used in total (each purchase by a customer or by different customers is counted).
- Limit to one use per customer: If a customer tries to use the coupon a second time, it won't work.
- Click Create Coupon.
Did this help?