Wix Stores: Creating a Percentage Discount Coupon
Attract customers to your site by offering a percentage discount (e.g. 30% off).
- Coupon codes are not case sensitive.
- You can also offer products at a sale price. Learn more
- Make sure the promo code field is visible on the cart page so customers can redeem coupons. Learn more
- When a coupon is applied to an order purchased with the Manual payment method, the number of available coupons updates when the the order is marked as paid.
To create a percentage discount coupon:
- Go to the Coupons tab in your site's dashboard.
- Click +New Coupon.
- Select % Discount.
- Enter the coupon code in the Coupon Code field.
Note: This is the code customers must enter on the Cart page to get the discount.
- Enter the name of the coupon in the Coupon Name field.
Note: This name appears in the Coupons tab and on the cart page.
- Enter the percentage discount in the Discount field.
- Click the Apply to drop-down menu and select what the coupon applies to:
- All products: The coupon can be applied to each store product (can apply to multiple products).
- Specific product: The coupon can be applied to only one specific product. Click the Product drop-down menu and select a product.
Note: If a customer buys more than one of the specific product, the coupon will apply to each one.
- Specific category: The coupon can be applied to each product in a category (can apply to multiple products). Click the Categories drop-down menu and select a category.
Note: Price discounts for categories apply to every item in the category (i.e. if you set a %20 discount, every item in that category will be 20% off when a customer applies the coupon code).
- Minimum order subtotal: The coupon can be used when the order subtotal is over a specific amount. Enter the amount in the Minimum subtotal field.
- Select one of the following (doesn't apply if you selected Minimum order subtotal):
- Apply only to the lowest priced item: If a customer buys multiple items that the coupon applies to, only the lowest price item is discounted.
- Apply to every relevant items in an order: If a customer buys multiple items that the coupon applies to, all are discounted.
- Select the Include subscriptions checkbox to apply this coupon to product subscriptions.
Note: Will apply to every cycle (e.g. every month of a monthly subscription).
- Set the validity of the coupon in the Valid between field:
- Enter the start date of the coupon.
- Enter the end date of the coupon, or select the Don't set an end date checkbox.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox next to any limit on coupon use:
- Limit the total number of uses for this coupon: Enter the number of times the coupon can be used in total (each purchase by a customer or by different customers is counted).
- Limit to one use per customer: If a customer tries to use the coupon a second time, it won't work (not available when coupon is applied to the minimum order subtotal).
- Click Create Coupon.
Did this help?