Wix Mobile POS: Setting Up Tap to Pay
5 min read
Tap to Pay lets you accept payments on your phone without connecting any external hardware. Customers can either tap a credit/debit card directly on your phone or use their own phones to pay you.
- Tap to Pay is currently available only in the US.
- The 15.5 operating system or higher
- The iPhone XR model or later
- Android: Android 9 or later
Step 1 | Download the Wix Owner app
To start accepting payments from your mobile device, download the Wix Owner app.
To download the Wix Owner app:
- Go to the Apple App Store (on iPhone) or Google Play (on Android).
- Type 'Wix Owner' in the search field.
- Click Get or Install to download the app.
Step 2 | Create a Wix Payments account
Step 3 | Set up Tap to Pay
After your Wix Payments account is verified, you can set up Tap to Pay in your site's dashboard and in your phone.
To set up Tap to Pay:
- Enable Tap to Pay in the dashboard:
- Go to Accept Payments in your site's dashboard.
- Click Accept or click the toggle next to Tap to Pay to enable it.
- Go to your site in the Wix Owner app.
- Tap Manage at the bottom.
- Tap Point of Sale under Get Paid.
- Tap the Connect iconat the top right.
- Tap Tap to Pay on iPhone / Tap to Pay.
- Tap Activate.
- (Android only) Make sure NFCs are enabled in your phone.
Tip: Search for NFC in your settings and enable them.
Click a question below to learn more about setting up a POS.
What are NFCs and why do they need to be enabled?
After setup, how can I accept payment?
Where on my phone should customers tap?
Can I offer a refund for a payment made at a point of sale?
Can I collect tax at a POS?
I have a card reader and also have tap to pay set up on my phone. Can I use both?
Did this help?