Enabling Search Engines like Google to Index Your Site
2 min read
Wix sites are search engine friendly. We guarantee that all of your site content can be crawled and indexed by search engines (e.g. Google and Bing) whether you have a Premium site or not.
You can choose whether or not to allow search engines to index your site in your SEO Settings. It's important to let search engines index your site if you want it to appear in search engine results.
- To connect to Google Search Console, you must have a Premium plan and a domain connected to your site. This can be either a domain purchased from Wix or a domain purchased from another domain host.
- After publishing, it takes time for your site to be crawled and appear in search results. Any edits or changes to your site must be crawled again before they appear. You can help speed up this process by submitting your homepage's URL to search engines.
To enable search engines to index your site:
- Go to your SEO dashboard.
- Select Go to SEO Settings under Tools and settings.
- Make sure the Let search engines index your site toggle is enabled.
Need help getting your site found in search results?
Check out the Wix SEO Setup Checklist for a step-by-step plan designed to help improve your site's SEO.
Did this help?