Gaining Backlinks For Your Site
Backlinks (also known as incoming links, inbound links, or inward links) are links that direct users to your site from other relevant sites. Gaining backlinks to your site is an extremely important aspect of boosting your site's rank in Google. Backlinks are like votes of confidence for your site; the more votes you have from quality sites, the better your site appears to search engine crawlers.
A single, quality link from a popular site is better than a large amount of poor quality links.
Gaining backlinks to your site is a challenging task. However, it should be an integral part of optimizing your site for SEO. It enables search engines to find your site and improves your site's reputation in the eyes of search engines.
Getting mentioned by reputable sources is a basic aspect of gaining backlinks. Search for blogs or sites that are related to the purpose of your site, and see if you can get mentioned by them (with a link to your site).
Make sure to avoid any deceptive practices in your quest for backlinks. Please consult Google's quality guidelines about link schemes here as well as our black hat SEO techniques article.
Helpful Strategies to Gain Backlinks
- Submit Site URL to Directories: Directories are like online libraries for websites. They are themselves websites that categorize and list other websites, based on many factors depending on the directory. Getting listed in a directory can boost your site's visibility with a valuable backlink. Keep in mind that smaller, niche-based directories can be powerful. For instance, if your business is an art gallery, try searching the web for art-based directories. If your site has a physical location, it is highly recommended that you submit your site to local directories. Make sure to submit to directories that are relevant to your site's purpose.
- Social Networking: Getting involved in an online community related to your niche can lead to many link-building opportunities. Blogs, forums and social media sites are full of people interested in the same topics as you, looking to connect and form business relationships. Join as many of these groups as you can, and make yourself known as someone offering value to the community.
- Content Creation: Creating articles or blog posts related to your expertise is one of the best ways to get your name out there. Research the market for trending topics and write guidelines, articles with data-based statistics, infographics that tell an interesting story - anything people would want to quote and share with others in the industry.
- Guest Blogging: Many credible sites offer the option to write a guest blog post related to your business's niche. By writing a blog post for a popular and trustworthy website, you don't only increase your online presence, but also create a quality backlink to your site.
- Posting Testimonials for Other Services: If you cooperate on a regular basis with certain companies or suppliers, you can contact them to post a testimonial on their website that includes a link to your own site.
Get help with your SEO from a professional.Hire an Expert
Did this help?