Wix Editor: Adding and Setting Up a Strip
3 min read
Use full-width strips to structure your site and break it into horizontal sections, creating a professional feel. Add an image, color or video to your strip to create a stunning effect.
Learn how to:
Adding a strip
Add a strip to begin structuring your page.
You can use strips to divide your page's content and information. Popular ideas for strips include contact details and price lists.
To add a strip:
3. Select the type of strip you want to add.
4. Drag a strip element on to your page.
- Strips look particularly great on one-page sites.
- You can add another one by clicking the Add strip icon at the top or bottom of the strip.
Adding elements to your strip
Build your strip by adding relevant content.
Once elements have been attached to your strip, you can easily move the strip and elements around your site pages. Learn more
To add elements to your strip:
- Re-size the strip or element so that your element fits completely inside your strip borders.
- Drag the element over the strip.
- Drop the element when you see the message Attach to Strip.
Designing your strip background
Choose a background for your strip to suit your site's look and feel.
There are a variety of options available. You can choose from a range of colors, images, or videos. Learn more
To change your strip background:
- Click the strip in your Editor.
- Click Change Strip Background and choose from one of the following options:
- Color: Choose from a range of colors to either match your site's palette, or create something bold.
- Image: Select from a variety of striking free images, or upload your own.
- Video: Choose a free eye-catching video from Wix, or upload your own through the Media Manager.
A strip automatically spans the width of your site, however you can change the width by clicking the Stretch icon . The maximum height for a strip is 15,000 px.
Did this help?