Wix Editor: Attaching Elements to Strips and Columns
2 min read
Strips are an excellent way to build a site. You can divide them by into sections by adding columns, and attach any element to them including images, text, videos and galleries.
- When attaching elements to a strip or column, the layers of the Editor may cause them to be hidden behind the strip / column. To view and select hidden elements, right click the area and use the Overlapping Items feature.
- You might need to move your strip or column backward, and your elements forward for them to attach to the strip / column.
Attaching elements to a strip
Once you have added elements to your strip, they become attached to it and you can move the strip around with the elements.
To attach elements to strip:
- Resize the strip or element so the element fits within the strip's top and bottom borders. The element must be smaller than the strip to attach it.
- Click and drag the element over the strip.
- Drop the element when you see the message Attach to Strip.
Note: Make sure to attach elements within the vertical gridlines of the strip so they display on smaller screens. Learn more about working with gridlines.
To detach an element from a strip, click and drag the element completely out of the strip.
Attaching elements to a column
Splitting a strip into columns allows you edit and apply different designs to each section of the strip separately. Once you've added columns to your strip, you can attach elements to each column.
To attach elements to a column:
- Split a strip into columns so you can attach elements to each column.
- Resize the element or column so the element can fit within the column. The element must be smaller than the column to attach to it.
- Click and drag the element over the column.
- Drop the element when you see Attach to Column.
To detach an element from a column, click and drag the element completely out of the column.
Did this help?