Wix Forum: Creating a Subcategory
2 min read
There are two ways to create subcategories, either from your dashboard or from your live site. Choose the one that's most convenient to you.
Learn more about creating a subcategory from:
In order to create subcategories, you need to have some categories already created. If you don't have any categories created yet, click here to learn how to get started.
Creating a Subcategory from Your Dashboard
As part of managing your forum categories, you can create a subcategory from one of your existing categories, directly from your dashboard.
To create a subcategory from your dashboard:
- Go to your forum in your dashboard.
- Click the Categories tab.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant category.
- Click Subcategory.
Note: The subcategory will nestle under the category directly above it. Make sure that the correct category is above the subcategory.
You can drag and drop categories and subcategories. Click and hold the relevant category/subcategory to drag up or down.
Creating a Subcategory from Your Live Site
From your live site you can change categories into subcategories. You can also edit your categories' names, images, and settings.
To create a category from your live site:
- Log in to your live site using the email address associated with your Wix account.
- On the forum page, click the Manage Categories icon .
- Drag the category to move it below the relevant category, and to the right.
- Click Done.
- To edit the main forum page, a category, or a subcategory, click the Show More icon next to the relevant category and select Edit.
- When you add images through the Manage Category icon on your live site, you can only upload images from your computer. To learn how to add images from the Media Manager, click here.
Did this help?