Wix Editor: Troubleshooting Mobile Live Site Issues
2 min read
Wix automatically creates a mobile-friendly version of your site using the content and elements you added from the desktop Editor. Your site on mobile is optimized to suit smaller screens and provide your visitors with a smooth experience.
You may experience issues viewing your live site on mobile. Use the steps below to rule out potential causes, and help solve the issues.
If you are having trouble viewing your site on a mobile device, follow the troubleshooting steps below to rule out local or device issues.
Step 1 | Check your operating system and browser
Step 2 | Clear your cache and cookies
Step 3 | Check the site view
- Tablet devices, such as iPads and Android tablets, display the desktop version of your site. Click here to learn about Wix sites compatibility with tablets.
- Wix sites load on Windows phones, however we are currently not testing functionality and therefore, are unable to offer support for any issues that may occur on this type of device. We made a thorough investigation and discovered that only 0.03% of visitors to Wix sites use a Windows phone. As such, we have decided to focus our efforts on Android and iOS operating systems and devices. We monitor mobile traffic and if we see an increase in traffic from this device, we will make changes accordingly.
If you are using Google Analytics, you can check the traffic received from different mobile devices in the mobile section.
Still having trouble?
If you are still unable to view your site, or your site does not appear correctly, please contact us and provide the following information:
- The manufacturer of your mobile device (e.g., Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, LG Nexus).
- The model of your mobile device.
- Example of iPhone models: 8, X or XS
- Example of Samsung Galaxy models: 8, 9 or S
- Example of iPad models: Air, iPad Mini, iPad Pro11
- The Operating System (OS) on your mobile device.
- Example of iPhone or iPad Operating Systems: iOS 14, 14.3
- Example of Samsung Galaxy Operating Systems: Android 9.0, 10
- The browser (including the exact browser version) of the device.
- Type of connection when experiencing the issue (does this issue occur on 3G, Wifi, or both).
- In case this occurs on a 3G/4G connection only, the name of the network.
- A screencast or screenshot of the issue.