Viewing and Updating Your Wix Domain Contact Information
2 min read
You can easily keep your Wix domain's contact information up to date from the Domains page in your Wix account.
Changing your contact information locks your domain for 60 days, in which time it is not possible to transfer your domain away from Wix. Learn more about ICANN's 60-day lock policy.
To view and update your domain contact information:
- Go to Domains in your Wix account.
- Click the More Actions icon next to the relevant domain.
- Click Edit Contact Information.
Note: If this option is missing, your domain was purchased elsewhere and you must contact your domain host to update the contact information.
- Edit your contact information.
- (Optional) Use different contact information for your Technical or Administrative contacts:
- Deselect the Use registrant contact info checkbox below the relevant contact type.
- Enter the person's contact details.
- Click Submit.
Important information about .com.br, .com.au., .at, and .it domains:
Click below to learn how to update contact information for these domain extensions:
To update information related to a .it domain, contact Wix support and provide us with the information you need to change in written form.
All domain registrants are required to confirm their domain contact information within two weeks after being registered as the owner. If the contact information is not reviewed and confirmed within two weeks, the domain may go offline, as well as the business email attached to it.
If this happens, we are unable to resend you another confirmation email. For this reason, we recommend using a free, generic email, such as gmail.