Using Wix's Semrush Integration to Find Keywords for Your Site
4 min read
With Wix's Semrush integration, you can find strong keywords to help your site rank higher in search results. Use Semrush to optimize the keywords you choose for your SEO Checklist.
In this article, learn more about:
How the Semrush integration works
Keywords (also called search phrases) are words that a user enters into a search engine to find the content they want. The search engine matches the user with content that it thinks is relevant to their keywords. Using keywords effectively on your site's pages can help improve your site's ranking in search results.
Want to learn more about keywords?
Go to the SEO Learning Hub to check out this video on choosing the right keywords.
Wix's Semrush integration analyzes a keyword's popularity and creates a report. You can use this report to help identify the best keywords for you to target for your site's search engine optimization (SEO).
When you enter a keyword and choose a region, Semrush compares it against its database. The integration creates a report with a table of options related to your keyword. The table also includes information about these options such as their popularity, the trend of their popularity, and the difficulty to rank for them.
When you've found the keywords you want to use in your SEO Checklist, you can select them and add them.
Read more information about each aspect of the report below.
This is a list of search terms that are related to the keyword you searched for. The number of options you see depends on the popularity of your keyword. Keyword options are listed based on search volume from highest to lowest.
This is the average number of times that users search for a certain keyword per month. You can use this number to get an idea of the potential traffic that you can bring to your site if it ranks for this keyword. However, keywords that have high volume are also likely to be more competitive to rank for.
The Trend column shows you a graphical representation of the change in volume for a certain keyword over a 12 month period. You can use this graphic to see if the keyword is increasing or decreasing in popularity.
Difficulty to rank
This column gives you an indication of how competitive a keyword is and how difficult it is to rank for. The difficulty to rank for a keyword depends a range of factors including the competitors for it, the quality of content they create, the backlinks each competing page has, and the intent of the user.
There are three levels of difficulty in Semrush: Easy, Medium, and Hard. These levels give an idea of the effort required to rank on the first page of search results for a keyword.
Intent gives you an indication of the reason why users search for a certain keyword. Semrush divides intent into four categories:
- Informational: Looking for answers to a specific question. For example, "How to improve my site's SEO".
- Navigational: Trying to find a specific page, site, or physical location.
- Commercial: Looking for information about specific brands or services, usually with an intent to purchase something in the future.
- Transactional: The user wants to complete an action such as purchase something. For example, "buy new camera".
You can use intent to help decide how you need to write the content of your page.
Finding keywords for your site
You can find keywords for your site using Semrush in your SEO Checklist in your site's SEO Dashboard.
- You can select a maximum of 5 keywords for your SEO checklist. You must add at least 1 keyword.
- If you have a free Semrush account, you can do 10 keyword searches per 24 hours. After 10 searches, you need to wait 24 hours or upgrade your Semrush account.
To find keywords:
- Select Find the best keywords with Semrush.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Add to Site.
- Log in using your Semrush credentials, or register for an account.
- Select one of the keywords from your SEO Checklist from the drop-down, or enter a keyword to search for.
- (Optional) Select a country to search in from the drop-down.
- Click Analyze.
- Check the box under Selected next to any keywords you want to use for your checklist.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
Upgrading or disconnecting Semrush
You can upgrade Semrush or disconnect it in your SEO Checklist in your site's SEO Dashboard.
To upgrade or disconnect Semrush:
- Click Find the best keywords with Semrush.
- Click More Actions.
- Select the action that you want to do:
- Upgrade Semrush plan: This opens a new tab with upgrade options for your site.
- Disconnect from Semrush: This disconnects Semrush from your SEO Checklist.
Disconnecting from Semrush removes the integration from your site. You also lose any previous searches that you have done.