CMS (Formerly Content Manager): Adding Collection Presets
2 min read
An important part of creating a new collection is the preset (or template) you choose to display your content. This article explains the steps involved and the options for your site.
To add a collection preset:
- Go to CMS in your Editor.
- Wix Editor: Click CMS on the left side of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click CMS at the top of Editor X.
- Click Add Content Elements.
- Click Add a Preset.
- Select a preset that suits your content and click Add to Site.
Once you add your preset, note how your site has some extra items. These are:
- An "All" Dynamic Page that displays all the items from your collection in a repeater. Each item has a link to that item's page.
- A "Title" page. This page generates separate URLs based on the Title value. Learn more about Dynamic Page URLs.
- A new collection with a set of fields that match your chosen preset. The collection contains some sample items.
You can only use a specific preset once per site. If you want to use the same preset again, you must first delete the collections connected to the first preset.
Did this help?