CMS: Changing Your Dynamic Page Dataset Settings
2 min read
Dynamic page datasets allow you to control how elements on your dynamic page interact with the data in your collections.
When you add a dynamic page to your site, a collection is created to connect it to. A dynamic page dataset, connected to the new collection, is automatically added to your page.
To change your dynamic page dataset settings:
- Click the dataset on your dynamic page.
- Click Settings.
- Update the following fields:
- Dataset name: The name of your dataset as it appears in all Connect to Data panels.
- Mode: Click the drop-down to change your dataset's mode:
- Read-only: Page elements on your live site can read and display content from your collection. But site visitors cannot edit, add to, or delete any content in your collection.
- Read & Write: Use this mode to allow visitors to add new content and modify existing content in a collection. With Read & Write mode, visitors can interact with user input elements and a submit button on your live site to edit or add to content in a collection. Page elements can also display content from the collection.
- Number of items to display: This field is relevant for repeaters and galleries. It controls how many items are displayed by default and how many items are added when your visitor clicks a button configured to "Load More". This only affects dynamic list pages since dynamic item pages only show one item at a time.
- Filter and Sort: You can filter and sort your dataset to control which items appear on your page and in what order.
- Dynamic page datasets do not have the Write-only mode. This is because a dynamic page must display an existing item from your collection.
- The dynamic page cannot display the item before it is created. For this reason, if the dataset is in Read & Write mode, users are not able to add new content to your collection.
Did this help?