Wix Restaurants: Managing Your Phone Orders
2 min read
- This article is about the original Restaurants Orders app.
- We're in the process of releasing a new restaurants orders app.
Customers can call in and place their order over the phone. All you need to do is enter the incoming phone orders and track them until they're complete. You can also invite people to manage your restaurant so that your staff can help you handle incoming calls.
To place a phone order:
- Go to Orders in your site's dashboard.
- Click More at the top right and select + Create New Order.
- Enter the customer's phone number and click Next.
- Enter their contact details and click Next.
Note: Information for returning customers is saved and you can add comments about the customer.
- Select the order type and click Next:
- Delivery: Enter the customer’s delivery address.
- Pickup: Select the location for customer pickup.
- Add the customer's order:
- Select the dish from the menu.
- Enter any special requests for the order.
- (Optional) Click the Plus and Minus icons to change the quantity of the item.
- Click Add to order.
- Once you've added the full order, click Go to Checkout.
- Choose a payment method for the order. Note: You'll only be able to choose from the payment providers that are set up in your account.
- Click Place Order.
- Click Done.
Phone orders only work for orders placed for right now. Currently, there isn't an option to place an order for another time or date. Make sure to toggle on ASAP orders in Order scheduling.
Did this help?