Wix Multilingual: Translating Your Site
4 min read
This article applies to sites built in the Wix Editor and Editor X. Sites built with Wix ADI are currently not integrated with Wix Multilingual.
Create a tailored, personalized website experience for visitors around the world using Wix Multilingual. In this article, you'll find a step-by-step guide, from adding Wix Multilingual to translating your content.
Step 1 | Add Wix Multilingual
First, you need to add Wix Multilingual to your site and choose your main and secondary languages. When selecting your main site language, keep in mind that this is the default language your site visitors will first encounter.
- Once you've selected your site's main language, you cannot change it to a different language. If this is something you'd like to see in the future, you can vote for that feature.
- We recommend reviewing our list of translatable content before translating your site. Learn more about what apps can and can't be translated with Wix Multilingual
Step 2 | Switch to a secondary language
After adding Wix Multilingual to your site, switch to your secondary language to start working on the translation. The Switch Languages panel at the top left of your Editor allows you to navigate between languages with just one click.
Click an option below to learn how to switch to a secondary language in:
The Wix Editor
Step 3 | Translate your Editor content
After switching to your secondary language, translate each part of your content in your Editor. With Wix Multilingual you can translate your site's content (e.g., text, images, links, etc.) in two ways:
- Automatically: Use Auto-translate to translate your site in one click.
- Manually: Translate your site's content manually by entering your own translations.
Learn more about elements that you can translate by clicking a link below:
Step 4 | Translate your apps
Step 5 | Make the translation visible
Now you're ready to go live. Go to Site Languages in the Multilingual dashboard to make the language visible. Then head over to your Editor to publish and make the changes live.
To publish your translations:
- Go to Site Languages in the Multilingual dashboard.
- Click the Status drop-down next to your language and select Visible.
- (In the Editor) Click Publish at the top right to publish your site.