Wix Groups: Creating a New Group
5 min read
Create a new group for members who share similar interests, giving them a space to connect.
Personalize each group by adjusting privacy settings and choosing who can join based on their subscription. Additionally, you can connect special events to any group to give exclusive access for event guests.
In this article, learn more about:
Creating a new group
When you create a group, you can choose from a set of templates or create a custom look, then you can add any important group information, and update the group's privacy settings.
You can create a new group from your site's dashboard, the Wix Owner app, or the Studio app.
Before you begin:
Make sure you have added Wix Groups to your site.
- Go to Groups in your site's dashboard.
- Click + Create Group.
- Choose the type of group you want to create:
- Template: Select a group template from the available list (e.g. Health and Wellness).
- Start from scratch: If none of the templates suit your needs, you can create a custom group.
- Enter your groups Info:
- Give your group a name.
- Click the Add Image icon to add an photo at the top of your group.
- (Optional) Enter a description to let members know what your group is all about.
- Choose who can see and join this group under Privacy:
- Public: Anyone can view this group.
- Private: Only members can view the group's content.
- Click the Visibility drop-down and select the settings of the group (e.g. Visible or Hidden).
- Only paying members: Members pay to view this group's content.
- Click Create Group.
- Choose who has access:
- Only members approved by admin.
- Only event guests: Click + Select Events to choose an existing event or create a new one.
- Click the What are group members called? drop-down and select a name for your members or create a custom name.
- Click Save.
Click a question to learn more.
How can site members join my groups?
What can I do in my group after I add members?
Is there a limit to how many groups I can create?
Did this help?