Wix Forms: Adding a Signature Field
4 min read
A signature field allows visitors to electronically sign their names before they submit a form. Signature fields are useful for health waivers, registration forms and application forms. All signatures are saved in your form submissions dashboard.
The signature field is a premium feature. Upgrade to a Business and eCommerce Premium plan to add this field to your form.
Important legal information:
Legal recognition of electronic signatures may have different and additional requirements according to internal laws/regulations of the country. Make sure you verify which requirements apply to you in accordance with local laws.
In this article, learn how to:
Adding a signature field to a site form
Add a signature field to any of your site forms and choose whether or not a signature is required before visitors submit.
To add a signature field to a site form:
- Click the relevant form in your Editor.
- Click Add New Field above the form.
- Click Advanced Fields on the left.
- Click the Add icon next to Signature Field.
- Click Edit Field above the signature field in your form and edit the following:
- Field Title: Enter the title for your signature field. The title appears above the field to let your visitors know what the field is for. It should be a call-to-action such as "Sign Here" or "Enter Signature".
- Clear Signature Button: Enter text for the clear signature button. If your visitors are not satisfied with their signature, they can redo it by clicking the button.
- The field is required: Select or deselect the Required checkbox to make the signature field mandatory or optional. If required, site visitors need to sign the form before submitting.
After you've edited the signature field, click Preview on the top bar to preview the field on your site and test it out.
Click the Layout and Design icons above the signature field to change the text alignment or design of the field.
Adding a signature field to a standalone form
Add a signature field to your standalone form and share the form URL with your community. Signature fields are useful if you're building a health waiver or application form for your business.
To add a signature field to a standalone form:
- Go to Forms in your site's dashboard.
- Scroll down to Your Standalone Forms and click Edit next to the relevant standalone form.
- Hover over Signature in the Add Form Fields menu and then click Add.
- Edit the signature field using the available options.
Show me more
To test the signature field in your standalone form, click the View Live Form icon at the top of the page.