Wix Forms: Protecting Your Site Forms from Spam with a Captcha Field
2 min read
reCAPTCHA is a field that you can add to your forms in order to protect your site from spam and other types of automated abuse. It's a short test that verifies your visitor isn't a robot by asking them to select the I'm not a robot checkbox. Visitors must pass the Captcha test to submit the form.
You can currently only add Captcha fields to site forms, not standalone forms.
To add a Captcha field to your site form:
- Click the form in the Editor.
- Click + Add New Field.
- Click Anti Spam in the left menu.
- Click the Add icon next to reCAPTCHA.
- The language of the Captcha field is based on your site's regional settings. You can change these settings to change the field's language. Please note that the changes appear on your live site only.
- Wix has built-in protections in place to ensure your forms and submissions are not accessible to spammers. If we detect unusual activity on your site, a reCaptcha field may still appear on a form, even if you haven't enabled the feature.
If you've recently reported a form submission as spam, we have received your request and are looking into it.
Did this help?