Wix Events: Broadcasting a Message to Guests Using the Wix Owner App
2 min read
With the Wix Owner app, you can broadcast a message to all your guests at once using Wix Chat, email or SMS. You decide the best way to provide people with updates about your event.
Guests who already downloaded a members app (e.g. Spaces by Wix) receive a broadcasted message there. If they are not members of your site on the members app, they receive your message as an email instead.
To broadcast a message to guests:
- Go to your site in the Wix Owner app.
- Tap Manage at the bottom.
- Tap Events.
- Tap Published Events.
- Tap the relevant event.
- Tap the Message icon at the top right.
- Tap Message guests.
- Select the checkbox(s) next to the guests you want to message, then tap Next.
Note: The options in this section vary according to the types of tickets you create for your event.
- Tap the channel drop-down and select how you want to send your broadcast message:
- Chat: Broadcast a live chat to guests. To use this option, you must have the Wix Chat app on your site.
- Email: You can broadcast an email to guests if they have provided their email address and it is saved in your contacts.
Note: When sending a message to over 100 guests, you are directed to do so through Gmail.
- SMS: Send an SMS message directly to contacts. This option is only available if you have purchased a Business Phone Number.
- Compose your message.
- (Optional) Tap the icons to add a saved reply, an image, or send an item (e.g. coupon).
- Tap Send.
Did this help?