Wix Editor: Adding and Setting Up a Mega Menu
Mega menus are containers that you can add as items to your advanced menu. When visitors hover over the menu item on your live site, the container opens.
Attach elements to the container to display important and relevant content. You can also customize their look to provide a unique navigational experience for your visitors.
Step 1 | Add a mega menu to your advanced menu
To get started, add a mega menu container as an item to your menu, then name it what you want. We recommend using a title that reflects your intended content, such as "Services", and "Our Story".
You should know:
It is only possible to add a mega menu container to a horizontal menu that you've set as advanced. Mega menu containers are not supported on regular site menus or vertical menus.
To add a mega menu:
- Select the advanced menu in your Editor.
- Click Manage Menu.
- Click + Add Menu Item at the bottom of the panel.
- Select Mega Menu.
- Enter the title of the container into the field.
- Click Done.
Step 2 | Add content to the container
Once you've added and named your container, add elements such as buttons, shapes, and text to build the content you want.
To add elements:
- Hover over the mega menu container in the Manage Menu panel.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add Elements on the left side of the Editor.
- Choose the element you want to add.
- Click and drag the element to your chosen position in the container.
Step 3 | Adjust the layout of your mega menu container
After adding the elements you want, change the layout of the mega menu container to match your page structure. You can adjust the spacing, and choose how much the container stretches.
To change the layout:
- Click the mega menu container.
- Click Change Layout.
- Use the options to adjust the container:
- Choose a layout: Select whether you want the container to stretch to the full width of your visitors' screens, or the width of your site page (within the gridlines).
- Spacing between menu & submenu: Make the space between your menu and the mega menu container bigger or smaller by dragging the slider.
Step 4 | Customize the design of the mega menu
Once you've adjusted the layout of the container, design its borders, background, and more. To maintain a consistent look, changes you make to the mega menu also apply to any submenus you've added.
To customize the container's design:
- Click Exit Mode on the Mega Menu Mode bar.
2. Click your advanced menu.
3. Click the Design icon .
4. Click Customize Design.
5. Select Submenu container from the What do you want to design? drop-down menu.
6. Use the options to design the container.
Show me design options
Only design options that are made to the submenu container are applied to a mega menu. Changes that your make to submenu items are not applied to elements you've added to the mega menu container.
Did this help?