Wix Editor: Adding a Link to WhatsApp on Your Site
2 min read
Add a link to WhatsApp on your site to make it easy for your visitors to contact you in just a click.
In this article, learn how to:
Adding WhatsApp to your Quick Action Bar (on mobile)
Add WhatsApp to the Quick Action Bar (QAB) on your mobile site to help your visitors contact you instantly on WhatsApp from their mobile phones. Learn More
To add WhatsApp to your QAB:
- Add the Quick Action Bar to your mobile site.
- Click Set Up Quick Actions.
- Click More Actions.
- Click Whatsapp.
- Hover over the Whatsapp action and click the Show More icon .
- Click Set Up and enter your phone number.
Linking a button to your whatsApp
WhatsApp's "click to chat” feature allows you to create a link anywhere on your website that opens a new WhatsApp chat with a specified number.
Click to chat works on both mobile phones and with WhatsApp Web. When visitors click the link, it opens a chat and includes a default message.
The instructions below explain how to link a button, but you can link from any element on your site, such as from a menu tab or image.
To link a button to your WhatsApp:
- Add a button to your page.
- Change the button text, for example, "Contact on WhatsApp".
- Click the Link icon .
- Click Web Address.
- Choose an option:
- Create a link without a message: Add https://wa.me/<number> where the <number> is a full phone number in international format. Omit any zeros, brackets, plus signs, or dashes when adding the phone number.
- Create link with custom message: Add https://wa.me/whatsappphonenumber?text=urlencodedtext where whatsappphonenumber is a full phone number in international format, and urlencodedtext is the URL-encoded pre-filled message. To add a space in custom message use '%20'. For example, https://wa.me/1XXXXXXXXXX?text=This%20is%20a%20test results in the default message "This is a test".
- Click Done.
Click Change Text & Icon and upload the WhatsApp icon if you want it to appear on your button.