Wix Automations: Sending Automated Emails to Contacts After Form Submissions
3 min read
When a visitor submits a form, it can be helpful to automatically acknowledge that submission by sending an email. Within this email, you can outline next steps or provide further information.
For example, welcome new site subscribers by sending them a "thank you" email, or send a "next steps" email when a job application form has been submitted.
Before you begin:
The action of this automation is to send an email, so make sure your form includes an email field.
Step 1 | Choose a form to trigger the automation
Set up the trigger conditions associated with the automation you're building. Choose the Wix Forms trigger so form submissions on your site cause the automated action (sending an email) to occur.
To choose a form:
- Go to Automations in your site's dashboard.
- Click + New Automation.
- Click + Start from Scratch.
- Click the title to give your automation a name.
- In the Trigger section, click Wix Forms.
- Select an option under Select a trigger for this app:
- Form submitted: The automation is triggered after a form on your site is submitted. Use the Select which forms trigger this automation drop-down to specify whether you want this to apply to any form or a specific form.
- Form choice selected: The automation is triggered when a specific field within a form is selected before being submitted. Use the Select a form and Select a field drop-downs to choose the form and field. Fields are radio buttons, checkboxes, drop-downs, and ratings within your form.
Step 2 | Set "Send an email" as your action
The action is what happens when your trigger condition is met. In this case, the trigger condition is a visitor submitting a form and the action is an email being automatically sent to that visitor.
Explore more actions
In addition to sending emails, you can automate sending coupons, creating tasks, updating contacts and more. Find out more about Wix Automations
To set "Send an email" as your action:
- In the Action section, select Send an email.
- (First time only) Confirm your from name and reply-to email address:
- In the Sender details section, click Edit.
- Enter your From name and Reply-to email address. Learn more about adding sender details to automations
- Click Save.
- Click Got It.
- (Optional) In Create Your Email, click Edit Template and customize the email using the options available. Learn more about designing email templates
- Click the Timing section to expand it.
- Click the Choose a time to send this action drop-down to select when the action should be carried out:
- Immediately: The action is performed as soon as the trigger occurs.
- Set custom time: The action is performed after the trigger, at a time set by you. Click the up and down arrows to set the number and click the drop-down to choose between days, hours and minutes.
- Click the Limit frequency to drop-down to set trigger frequency:
- Don't limit (trigger every time): Your action will take place every time it is triggered.
- Once per contact: Your action will take place only once per contact.
- Once per contact every 24hrs: Your action will take place only once per contact in any 24hr period.
- Click Activate.
Make sure you are logged out of your Wix account before submitting a form to test an automation. If you are logged in when submitting a form, your email address and the test email address will become merged under the same contact.
Want to learn more?
Check out courses in Wix Learn to learn more about using automations to manage customer relationships and setting up automated emails triggered by a shopper's behaviour.
Did this help?