Wix Automations: Sending a Discount Coupon by Email
2 min read
Automatically send discount coupons to your contacts to encourage sales, promote events, and more. For example, create an automation that emails a 20% discount coupon if a visitor has abandoned their cart.
To send a discount coupon by email:
- Go to Automations in your site's dashboard.
- Click + New Automation or click an existing automation to edit it.
- Click the title to give your automation a name.
- Click the app you'd like to base your trigger on in the Trigger section.
- Select your chosen trigger from the available options.
- Click Send a coupon in the Action section.
Note: The Visitors trigger will not have the Send a coupon action because your site won't have access to email addresses of visitors who haven't logged in.
- Select whether to send a unique coupon each time in the Set Coupon section.
- Click the Select or create a coupon template drop-down to choose the coupon you'd like to use or create a new one.
- (Optional) Click Edit in the Coupon details section to edit your chosen coupon.
- (Optional) Click Edit in the Sender details section to edit your sender details.
- (Optional) Click Edit Template in the Create Your Email section to edit your email template.
- Click the Timing section to expand it.
- Click the Choose a time to send this action drop-down to select when the action should be carried out:
- Immediately: The action is performed as soon as the trigger occurs.
- Set custom time: The action is performed after the trigger, at a time set by you. Click the up and down arrows to set the number and click the drop-down to choose between days, hours and minutes.
- Click the Limit frequency to drop-down to set trigger frequency:
- Don't limit (trigger every time): Your action will take place every time it is triggered by a visitor.
- Once per contact: Your action will take place only once per contact.
- Once per contact every 24hrs: Your action will take place only once per contact in any 24hr period.
- Click Activate.
- This automation will stop working and its status will change to "On Hold" if the coupon end date or use limit is reached.
- If you change the action from Send an email to Send a coupon, the email template will not be copied and will need to be redesigned.
Want to learn more?
Check out the full course in Wix Learn on promoting and growing your business. Skip to the "Manage your customer relationships" video to learn more about the benefits of email automations.
Did this help?