Connecting iDeal as a Payment Method (Through Stripe)
Connect iDeal (through Stripe) as a payment method to accept payments from your customers in EUR.
Varies. NO setup fees.
Account activation time
Depends on the type of business.
The currency in your Wix account must match the currency in your Stripe account. If the currencies do not match, the transactions may be declined. Click here to learn how to change your currency.
Connecting iDeal as a Payment Method
iDeal payments are processed by Stripe and the setup process is on the Stripe website. If iDeal is available in your location, follow the steps below.
Users with an active Stripe account in any country (except Brazil and India) should be eligible to accept European payment methods. You can confirm your eligibility on your Stripe settings page.
To connect iDeal as a payment method (through Stripe):
- Go to Accept Payments on your site's dashboard. Tip: Check your business location at the top right. If incorrect, click the drop-down menu to change it.
- Click See More Payment Options.
- Click Connect beside iDeal.
- Select an option:
- Have a Stripe account: Click Sign in to connect account.
- Don't have an account: Click Create an account and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Note: This step is only relevant in Brazil and India. Skip to step 6 if you have a Stripe account in another country.
Set up local payments (through iDeal) in your Stripe account:
- Click the Payments tab on the left.
- Click Settings.
- Click Activate next to iDeal.
- Fill in the additional information requested.
Note: After successfully completing setup process, you will receive a confirmation email to the email account associated with your Stripe account. Wait for this email before continuing to step 6.
- Return to this window (repeat steps 1-3) and click the Sign in to activate iDeal on your site.
Did this help?