Connecting Braintree as a Payment Provider
3 min read
Accept payments from your customers using Braintree as a payment provider.
In this article, learn about:
Andorra, Australia, Canada, Croatia, France, Greece, Guernsey, Iceland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, United Kingdom and United States
Visit Braintree for information about supported currencies
Account activation time
The currency used in your Wix account must match the currency in your Braintree account. If the currencies do not match, the transactions may be declined. Learn how to change your currency
Managing your account
For information on topics such as payout schedules, refunding a customer, chargeback disputes, and more, please contact Braintree.
Connecting Braintree as a payment provider
Whenever possible, Wix automatically connects you to the most suitable provider available in your location. If you prefer to use Braintree, and it's available in your location, follow the steps below.
To connect Braintree as a provider:
- Go to Accept Payments in your site's dashboard.
Tip: Check your business location at the top right. If incorrect, click the drop-down menu to change it.
- Click See More Payment Options.
- Click See Options next to Third-Party Credit/Debit Card Providers.
- Click Connect next to Braintree.
- Depending on whether you are creating a new Braintree account or have an existing account, follow the instructions:
Have an account
Don't have an account
If you were not automatically connected to a provider and you received Braintree as a recommended provider, click Connect and follow step 4 above.
Locating your Braintree credentials
If you already have a Braintree account but not sure where to find the relevant credentials (Merchant ID, Public Key, Private Key and Merchant Account ID), follow the steps below.
To locate your Braintree credentials:
- Sign in to your Braintree account.
- Click My User under Account.
- Click View API Keys.
- Click View under Private Key.
- Copy the following values:
- Public Key
- Private Key
- Merchant ID
- Click Processing under Settings.
- Find your default merchant account in the Merchant Accounts section.
Note: In most cases there is only one merchant account.
- Copy the Merchant Account ID (copy the ID only, without "default").
Click a question below to learn more about accepting payments.
How can I tell if a payment method is active?
Is my currency supported?
What is a minimum payment amount?
Can I offer recurring payments?
How do I get my payouts?