CMS: Setting Up Your Dynamic Pages
4 min read
When you create a collection, you can choose to create dynamic pages to go with it. If you selected this option (it's enabled by default), you automatically get two dynamic pages - a dynamic item page ("Collection_Name" Title) and a dynamic list page ("Collection_Name" All). These pages come with default elements, already connected to the collection, but you can edit the page in any way you choose.
If you deselected this option, don't worry, you can add dynamic pages at any time.
- Go to the CMS in your Editor:
- Wix Editor: Click the CMS icon on the left of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click the CMS icon at the top of Editor X.
- Hover over the relevant collection and click the More Actions icon.
- Click Add Dynamic Page.
Step 1 | Check the default elements
The default elements that come with your dynamic item page should be set up correctly, but you might want to make some changes. First check that they're showing the field you want them to show. If not, go ahead and change them.
To change the connection of an element:
- Go to the relevant dynamic page in your Editor.
Wix Editor | Show me how >
Editor X | Show me how >
2. Click the element in your Editor.
3. Click the Connect to Data icon (orin Editor X).
4. Connect your element to a field in your collection under Connection Options.
Once you're sure all your elements are connected to the correct fields in your collection, you can go ahead and move them around. Just click and drag to create the layout you want.
Step 2 | Add additional elements
This part is up to you. You can add additional elements to show more collection fields. Or simply add elements which are static and remain the same on every page.
To add additional elements:
- Go to the Add panel in your Editor.
- Wix Editor: Click Addon the left side of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click Addat the top of Editor X.
- Click the element you want to add.
- (Optional) If you want this element to be dynamic, connect it to the relevant field:
- Select the element in the Editor and click the Connect to Data icon (orin Editor X).
- Connect your element to a field in your collection under Connection Options.
Did this help?