CMS (Formerly Content Manager): Creating Custom Roles and Permissions
1 min read
To create a custom CMS role:
- Go to Roles & Permissions in your site's dashboard.
- Click Manage Roles at the top.
- Click + Create New Role.
- Enter the Role Title and Description in the relevant fields.
- Click CMS in the Permissions section.
- Select the checkboxes next to the permissions you want to assign to the role:
- View Content: Can view content in collections but cannot edit the content.
- Add Content: Can add and edit content in existing collections.
- Manage Backups: Can add, restore and delete backups for all collections.
- Manage Indexes: Can add and delete indexes for all collections.
- Manage Collections: Can add, delete and modify fields for all collections.
- Click Save.
Learn how to change your collection permissions to determine who can access content in specific collections.