CMS: Formatting Live Site Date and Time Content from Your Collection
2 min read
When you connect dates stored in a collection to page elements on your site, you can select the format you want to use to display dates and times.
To format a Date and Time field:
- Click the element that displays the time and date.
- Click the Connect to Data icon .
Note: If the element is not yet connected to a dataset:
- Click Connect a dataset to choose a dataset from the drop-down list.
- Click Text connects to and select the Date and Time field from your collection.
- Click Choose a format to select the date format from the drop-down.
Formatting options are listed in the table below:
Feb 25, 2019
February 25, 2019
Monday, February 25, 2019, 8:45:00 PM GMT-5
Short date time
2/25/19, 8:45 PM
Long date time
February 25, 2019, 8:45 PM
Medium time (12h)
Medium time (24h)
Long time (12h)
Long time (24h)
Short month only
- Date and Time content can be displayed in regular text elements, and in text that appears in other elements such as buttons and galleries.
- The date and time are displayed according to each site visitors' local time zone.
- Date and time language, month/date order, and other regional format options are set in your site's Regional Settings.
Time fields in an exported CSV file are in UTC+0, they are NOT in local time. Learn More