CMS: Adding and Setting Up a Ratings Input Element
2 min read
Add a ratings input element to let your visitors rate your products, services and more.
Step 1 | Add and set up your ratings input element
- Click Add on the left side of the Editor.
- Click Input.
- Drag the ratings input element onto your page.
- Click Set Up Ratings.
- Edit the text in the Field title field to suit your ratings input element.
- Enable the Show hover text toggle to show or hide text when a user hovers over the ratings input element.
- (If enabled) Edit the text under each rating option.
- Select or deselect the Required box to make the ratings input mandatory for users to complete.
Step 2 | Connecting your ratings input element
Connect your ratings input element to collect your users ratings in a database collection.
To connect your input element to a dataset:
- Click the ratings input element.
- Click the Connect to CMS icon.
- Click Connect a dataset to choose a dataset from the drop-down list.
- Click Rating value connects to:
- Choose an existing field in your collection.
- Click Add a new collection field to create a new field in your collection.
- Enter a field name.
- Select a field type.
Make sure you have a submit button on your page so visitors can submit their selection.
Did this help?