Accepting Transferred Site Ownership
When someone transfers a site to you, you'll receive an email with a link to accept the transfer. If the transferred site has Premium services (e.g. a Premium plan, domain etc.), you'll be asked to enter your billing information for future renewals of those services.
In this article:
Accepting site ownership
Site ownership must be accepted in the Wix account associated with the email address that the site was transferred to. If you do not have a Wix account with this email address, you can create one.
To accept site ownership:
- Check your email account for an email with the subject line Wix Website is Being Transferred to You.
- Click Accept Transfer in the email and sign in to your Wix account (if you are not already signed in).
Note: If you don't have an account, click Sign Up to create one.
- Review the transfer details and click Next.
- Enter your billing information and click Next.
- Enter the domain contact information and click Complete Transfer.
If you receive a site without any Premium services, simply click Accept Transfer and sign in to your account (or click Sign Up to create one). You do not need to enter any billing or domain transfer information.
Why do I have to enter my billing information when accepting a site transfer?
Can I transfer a Wix Payments account to another Wix account?
How long is the transfer invite valid?
Will I have access to the transferred site's media files?
Did this help?