Wix Video: Adding and Setting Up Wix Video
5 min read
As a video content creator or business owner, you know the importance of showcasing your videos in a way that captures your visitors' attention. That's where Wix Video comes in. With Wix Video, you can display your videos on your site, engage your visitors with customizable features, and even monetize your content. In this article, we'll walk you through the process of adding and setting up Wix Video so you can start sharing your videos with the world.
Step 1 | Add Wix Video to your site
Before you can begin using Wix Video on your site, you'll need to add it to your Editor. You can choose from 6 stunning layouts, each designed to showcase your video content in the best possible way. Try them all out and choose the one you love most.
- Click Add on the left side of the Editor.
- Scroll down to Video and Music.
- Select Wix Video.
Step 2 | Add videos to your library
After adding Wix Video to your site, you can begin uploading your videos to your video library. Storing your videos in your video library is an excellent way to keep your content in one centralized location, making it easier to manage and showcase your videos on your site.
Wix Video quotas and storage
With Wix Video, you can upload up to 30 minutes of your own video for free, and enjoy unlimited content from your social media platforms. But if you really want to maximize what Wix Video can do for you, consider purchasing a Premium plan. By upgrading, you'll be able to upload more videos and access additional options to monetize your content.
Wix Video doesn't use storage from your site storage quota. Wix Video uses "video hours", a separate allowance included in your free site or Premium plan. Video hours apply only to videos uploaded to Wix Video; other videos uploaded to your site will use your site storage.
To add videos to your Video Library:
- Go to your Video Library.
- On the top right, hover over Add Videos and where you want to add the videos from:
- Select the video(s) you want to add.
- Click the Edit icon to edit the video's info.
- Select the relevant file and click Choose.
- Google Drive:
- Select the relevant file and click Select.
- YouTube or Vimeo:
- Paste the URL and click Add to Library.
- Paste the video's URL and click Add to Library. To retrieve the video URL right click the video in Facebook and click Show Video URL, then copy the URL.
- You can also add a Facebook Profile URL once you have approved the Wix App on Facebook.
Step 3 | Organize your videos into channels
Creating channels for your videos is a great way to keep your content organized and make it easier for viewers to find the topics they're interested in. By creating specific channels, viewers can quickly navigate to the content they want to watch, improving their overall experience on your site.
To organize your videos into channels:
- Go to your Video Library.
- Click the Channels tab.
- Choose the channel you want to add your videos to:
- To create a new channel, click New Channel, then Channel.
- To select an existing channel, hover over the channel and click the Edit icon.
- Click Add Videos.
- Select the video(s) you want to add to the channel.
- (Optional) Drag the videos to reorder them.
- Click Update Changes.
Step 4 | Choose what you want to display on your site
With Wix Video, you have complete control over what content is displayed on your site. Whether you want to showcase a specific video at a particular time or highlight a new channel to your visitors, you can customize your site to suit your needs.
To choose what you want to display:
- Click the Wix Video Player in your Editor.
- Click Settings.
- Choose what you want to display:
A single video
Analytics and Reports:
You can find all the latest analytic reports on your video content in the Analytics & Reports tab in your dashboard. Learn more.
Deleting a player directly from the Editor:
You can delete a player from the Editor by right-clicking on the player itself and clicking Delete.
Did this help?