Wix Studio: Applying to Join the Wix Marketplace
3 min read
Grow your business and expand your client base by applying to join the Wix Marketplace.
The Wix Marketplace lets you showcase your work to get matched with potential clients. Once you're a member of the Wix Marketplace, we'll match you with quality leads from Wix users looking to hire your skills and expertise.
In this article, learn more about:
Requirements and recommendations for applying
To keep the Wix Marketplace filled with the most qualified professionals, Wix pre-screens every applicant. When applying to the Wix Marketplace, make sure you meet all the requirements and follow our recommendations below.
Your application to the Wix Marketplace may be rejected if you do not meet the following requirements or recommendations.
Requirements for applying to join the Wix Marketplace
You must meet the following requirements to be accepted to the Wix Marketplace:
- Partner Program level: Achieve the Icon level in the Wix Partner Program and have at least 20 Premium sites published for a minimum of 30 days before applying. Each agency can have only 1 profile in the Wix Marketplace.
- Business website: Submit your own business website that showcases your best work. The website you submit cannot be a page from a larger portfolio site (e.g. Upwork, Behance, Fiverr, 99designs, Dribbble).
- Location: Make sure the location you submit matches the location set in your Business Info settings.
- Language: Applications are currently accepted only in English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- Portfolio projects: Submit at least 5 Wix sites when you apply. Consider the following:
- Only submit sites that you created or collaborated on.
- Do not submit sites that include abusive content.
- Do not submit demo sites or coming soon sites.
- Do not submit sites that contain 404 pages.
Recommendations for applying to join the Wix Marketplace
When evaluating the portfolio sites you submit, we look closely at their design and user experience. Make sure to also provide documents to demonstrate your experience and provide valid contact details about your clients.
We recommend submitting portfolio sites that have the following characteristics:
- The content, messaging, and main CTAs (Call to Action links) are clear and above the fold.
- The site navigation is clear and intuitive in the main menu and throughout the site's pages.
- The images and graphic elements are appealing, relevant, and of good quality.
- The site elements are aligned in an aesthetically pleasing layout.
- The site is accessible, mobile friendly, and SEO optimized.
- User interface elements are consistent across the site pages. For example, buttons, icons and text should be designed with the same color and font theme.
- The site uses advanced functionality when custom solutions are needed (e.g. Velo by Wix, databases, apps).
When providing your experience, make sure to:
- Upload certificates and examples of documents you've sent to clients. This can include statements of work, invoices, proposals, and any other relevant documents.
- Provide valid contact details for your clients.
Check out the Wix Marketplace Profile Guide for tips on making your profile stand out.
Applying to join the Wix Marketplace
When you're ready to apply to become a partner in the Wix Marketplace, follow the steps below to submit your application. Upon submitting your application, we'll review it and email you to let you know if you're accepted. The review process can take up to 30 days.
Click Save to save your progress during the application process.
To apply to join the Wix Marketplace:
- Go to Marketplace Overview in your Wix Studio workspace.
- Click Apply Now.
- In the General Info tab, add your general business info to show potential clients, and click Next.
- In the Preferences tab, choose countries you'd like to get leads from and languages you support, and click Next.
Note: Clients from any country can still contact you directly in the Wix Marketplace.
- In the Portfolio tab, click + Add Project and add at least 5 Wix Premium sites you've built, and click Next.
- In the Services & Rates tab, select the services you offer and enter your starting rates, and click Next.
- In the Your Experience tab, add additional info about your experience and work with Wix clients.
- Click Apply.
Did this help?