Wix Retail POS: Selling Physical Gift Cards
5 min read
- This article is about Wix Retail POS tablet for brick & mortar stores.
- For info on using POS on a mobile device, click here.
You can sell physical gift cards in your store and let customers use them to complete purchases. It's a cost-effective way to keep customers coming back and a great for attracting new buyers.
Wix physical gift cards are currently available in the US and Canada to merchants who use Wix Retail POS to sell in their brick-and-mortar stores.
Step 1 | Order physical gift cards
To get started, go to the gift card order page, upload your gift card image, and order your cards.
- The Wix gift cards do not have a set dollar value. When your customer purchases the gift card, you can set its value.
- You also have the option of ordering other gift cards and selling them in your store. Note that the gift cards must have codes that are between 8 and 16 characters long (numbers or letters) for you to be able to use them at your point of sale.
To order gift cards:
- Go to the gift card order page.
- Click the Choose your card finish drop-down and select an option: Gloss Laminate or Satin Matte Laminate.
- Select a Production Time.
- Select an artwork option from the Tell us about your card artwork drop-down:
- I will provide a press-ready card design: You upload an image that is ready to be printed.
- I'd like to use eCard's custom design service: You upload an image and eCard Systems will improve the design to make it suitable for print.
- I will use artwork from a previous order: Select an image you uploaded for a previous order.
- (Optional) Enter art layout instructions in the field provided.
- (Optional) Enter custom text that appears on the back of the card.
Tip: If you leave this section blank, default text appears. This includes your store's address, phone number, and website URL.
- Upload a card image:
- Click Choose File.
- Select an image and click Open.
- Select the number of cards you want to print.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click Proceed to Checkout and complete the order.
Note: Before the cards are printed, eCard Systems, will contact you so you can approve the gift card design.
Check the FAQ section below for info on file types and sizes that you can upload to eCard.
Step 2 | Enable gift cards in your dashboard
Before you can start selling gift cards at your point of sale, you need to go to your Wix dashboard and enable gift cards for your site.
To enable gift cards:
- Go to Gift Cards in your site's dashboard.
- Click Add Gift Card to Site.
After clicking Add Gift Card to Site, you do not need to do anything else in the dashboard page or the Editor in order to continue physical gift card setup.
Step 3 | Sell physical gift cards in your store
Once you receive the gift cards you ordered and enabled gift cards in the dashboard, you can start selling physical gift cards to customers.
To sell gift cards:
- Open the POS tablet.
- Tap Checkout from the menu bar at the bottom.
- Tap Gift Cards.
- Tap Issue gift card.
- Select the actual gift card (i.e. the plastic card) that you want to sell to your customer.
- Select an option:
- Scan the card's code.
- Manually enter the card's code.
Tip: Gift card codes are not case sensitive.
- Enter the value of the gift card (up to $1000).
- Tap Add to Cart.
- Complete checkout as you would for any product.
Step 4 | Accept payment of physical gift cards
When customers want to pay for their order using their gift card, you need to select Gift Card as the payment method.
To accept gift card payment:
- Open the POS tablet.
- Tap Checkout on the bottom bar.
- Process the sale and proceed to checkout.
- Select Gift Card under Select Payment Method.
- Enter or scan the gift card code and tap Apply.
- (If the gift card didn't cover the entire purchase) Click Add Payment and process the balance using another payment method, like cash or a credit card.
I have my own gift cards. Can I sell them in my store and accept them as gift card payment?
What are the image size and file type requirements?
How can I be sure my card looks OK before it's printed?
How long does it take for my gift cards to arrive?
Who can I contact about my gift card shipment?
I don't see the option to pay by gift card. How can I add it?
Can customers who buy physical gift cards use them in my online store?
Can I add to the balance of a gift card that's already purchased?
Can I offer refunds or exchanges for orders paid for with a gift card?
My customer wants to return the card they bought. Can I refund the card purchase?
Did this help?