Wix Owner App: Adding a Podcast to Your Member App
Embed a podcast for your members to listen to on the go, directly from their member app. You can add a podcast player to an existing screen or create a dedicated screen for it.
Podcasts are pulled in to your site using an RSS link (Really Simple Syndication); a web feed that contains all the information needed to play your podcast. This allows members to access the podcast and its archives, and share episodes with others.
Before you begin:
Go to the settings section of your podcast hosting platform (for example, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud etc.) and copy the RSS link.
To add your podcast:
- Go to your site in the Wix Owner app.
- Tap Site & App at the bottom.
- Tap Customize under Mobile App.
Note: If you haven't selected the mobile app your members will use, tap Let's Go under Mobile App then choose your preferred members app.
- Choose where you want to add your podcast:
- An existing screen: Choose the relevant screen from the menu at the top.
- A new screen:
- Tap Screens at the bottom left.
- Tap Add New Screen.
- Enter a title and tap Save.
- Tap + Add Element in the relevant location on your screen.
- Scroll through the top menu and tap Podcasts.
- Tap the podcast player.
- Tap the Element Title toggle to show or hide the name of your podcast:
- Enabled: The title of your podcast appears on your site. Enter the name you want to display.
- Disabled: The title of your podcast is not displayed.
- Paste your RSS link in the Link to podcast field.
- Tap Element Visibility and select what devices you want to show the podcast element on (e.g. Android, iOS, Both).
- Tap Add.
Did this help?