Wix Editor: Adding or Removing the Header and Footer on Your Mobile Site
2 min read
You may want to remove the header and footer for landing pages on your mobile site. As headers generally contain your site menu, visitors can then only navigate to pages or content you have linked on the landing page.
For regular pages, we recommend keeping your header and footer visible, so visitors can easily explore and navigate your site.
Add or remove the header and footer on pages on your mobile site by changing the page layout. You can have different page layouts on your mobile and desktop sites.
To change the page layout on mobile:
- Open the mobile Editor.
- Click Menus & Pages on the left side of the mobile Editor.
- Hover over a page name and click the More Actions icon .
- Click Mobile Settings.
- Select a mobile page layout:
- Standard: Standard pages have a header and a footer.
- No Header & Footer: Headers, footers, and any elements that are set to "Show on all pages" are not displayed. This layout is suitable for a Coming Soon page, an Under Construction page or a landing page aimed at collecting leads.
- Keep in mind that if you choose a No Header & Footer in the mobile layout, the page does not display the menu in the header. Therefore, if you want your visitors to be able to navigate to the rest of your site, make sure to link a button to your site's main page. Learn more about adding a link to a button
- Certain apps do not appear on your live site if you have hidden the header and footer. Learn more about apps and the No Header & Footer layout
- Changes made to the mobile layout do not affect the desktop version of your site.
Did this help?